Austin Wildlife Rescue has been helping keep Austin wild since 1977. Austin Wildlife Rescue rehabilitates and releases orphaned, sick, and injured wild animals and educates the public to coexist with wildlife.
In this episode of Everyday Superhumans Charlie and Kyle chat with the Hayley Hudnall, Executive Director of Austin Wildlife Rescue, about the nearly 8,000 animals AWR took in during 2019 as well as common misconceptions about wild animals and how you can help them. We often forget that the animals came before the neighborhoods and we are infringing on their territory. AWR helps us live together in harmony with education about protection and rehabilitation for the animals.
Learn more about Austin Wildlife Rescue
- Check out their official website to learn more about protecting wild animals within the Austin community
- Donate directly to Austin Wildlife Rescue here
- Learn about volunteering activities here
Stay Superhuman with Everyday Superhumans
- Check out our new website!
- Share what makes you superhuman with us on Twitter
- Be inspired on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
Music in this episode
Opening Theme – Take a Chance Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Closing Theme – “Door to Door” by Alex Allen