In 1953, Ed and Marge Bridges founded the Marbridge Foundation for their son, Jim, who had cognitive disabilities.Marbridge provides different levels of care, support and guidance that are customized to the individual. Over 200 acres of land, Marbridge has three communities— The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — that house 236 residents who live and work on the property.
In this episode of Everyday Superhumans Kyle and Charlie talk with the James Stacey, the CEO of the Marbridge Foundation, and Becca McPherson, Vice President of Development. They share how Marbridge strives to be ahead of its time, along with stories from Marbridge’s many programs, and the joy of helping others live the life they deserve.
Learn More About The Marbridge Foundation
- Visit their official website at Marbridge.org
- Learn how to get involved from donating or volunteering here
- See how Marbridge is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic here
- Stay up to date on Facebook
- See what’s happening on Instagram
- Check out videos from the foundation over on Youtube
Stay Superhuman with Everyday Superhumans
- Check out our new website!
- Share what makes you superhuman with us on Twitter
- Be inspired on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
Music in this episode
Opening Theme – Take a Chance Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Closing Theme – “Door to Door” by Alex Allen